COVID-19 Policy Statement
We’re still open but doing things differently. The COVID-19 Coronavirus is affecting everyone – but we can stop the spread and get through this crisis if we all support each other. Looking after our customers and employees is our top priority.
To support the health and safety of employees in our workplace, we’ve completed a COVID – 19 risk assessment and shared our findings. By identifying the potential health and safety risks, it can help us work safely.
It is our duty to reduce workplace risk to the lowest reasonably practicable level by taking preventative measures. We are working with all our stakeholders to implement and maintain these measures, which include:
- Communicating clearly and regularly with our employees on how the situation is evolving, and what measures we are taking to mitigate risk and support their well-being.
- Sharing the results of our risk assessment.
- Providing clear, consistent, and regular communication to improve understanding and consistency of ways of working.
- Engaging with employees and representatives to explain and agree on any changes in working arrangements.
- Developing communication and training materials for employees prior to returning to work.
- Increasing the frequency of handwashing and surface cleaning.
- Supporting employees to work from home and supporting those who are self-isolating.
- Providing equipment for people to work at home safely ineffectively.
- Monitoring the mental health of all employees and providing support where needed.
- Making sure that people with disabilities can access lifts.
- Complying with the social distancing guidelines set out by the government (keeping people 2m apart) where home working isn’t possible.
- Using back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible.
- Reducing the number of people needed in the workplace to operate safely and effectively.
- Staggering arrival and departure times at work to reduce crowding into and out of the workplace, taking account of the impact on those with protected characteristics.
- Restricting the number of people using/travelling in corporate vehicles.
- Providing more storage for workers for clothes and bags.
- Supporting people in using face coverings safely if they choose to wear one.
- Communicating clearly and regularly with our customers on how the situation is evolving, and what measures we are taking to mitigate risk and support their health and safety.
- Communicating updates on key products in high demand, delivery dates and backorders.
- Ensuring delivery and receipt confirmation can be made contactless and avoiding physical contact when handing goods over to the customer.
- Increasing the frequency of surface cleaning.
- Providing handwashing/ hand sanitiser facilities at entry/exit points.
- Using markings and introducing one-way flow at entry and exit points.
- Reducing movement by discouraging non-essential trips within buildings
- Reducing maximum occupancy for lifts, providing hand sanitiser for the operation of lifts, and encouraging the use of stairs wherever possible.
- Keeping workplace activities as short as possible.
- Using screens or barriers to separate people from each other.
- Regulating the use of high traffic areas including corridors, lifts turnstiles and walkways to maintain social distancing.
- Installing social distancing signage and updating health and safety notices.
- Frequent cleaning of work areas and equipment between uses.
- Frequent cleaning of objects and surfaces that are touched regularly, such as door handles, fuel pumps and vehicle keys.
- Encouraging drivers to wash hands before boarding vehicles.
- Retaining sufficient quantities of hand sanitiser/wipes within vehicles to enable drivers to clean hands after each delivery / drop off.
- Clearing workspaces and removing waste and belongings from the vehicle at the end of a shift.
- Ensuring drivers have access to appropriate toilet facilities during their journeys and at their destinations.
Thank you to all our customers for your continued support. If you require any further support, information, or advice, please contact us.